There is really nothing to add, except maybe:
- There is no "clear single act" that caused this, much less anything scandalous.
- We were together for almost three years. That's not bad!
- Any sort-of-clever aphorism or short summary I'd write about the reasons (e.g. "She was too good for me!") would trivialize the whole thing immensely and unjustly.
- In the foreseeable future, Jitushka will still live with me, until everything is sorted out. For example, we are preparing Albert's birthday party for our friends (and dogs).
- I am quite positive our age difference was not the main problem. Nor the fact she doesn't like Star Wars and Indiana Jones.
- No, this will not "be over in a few days" and we are not "going to be back together", at least not in the foreseeable future.
- I sincerely hope (although I cannot be sure, of course) that we are both the sort of people who can remain friends even if they are (currently) not partners.
This is all really just FYI, so that I don't have to answer similar questions again and again. If you are feeling miserable for me, please don't. I am fully capable of feeling miserable on my own.
- You really don't have to remind me about "all the good things we experienced together" and how intelligent and beautiful Jitushka is. I am aware of those things better than you are, thank you.
- You really don't have to ask me if I am sure I did the right thing, what will happen in X days / months / years and if there's life on Mars.
- You really don't have to tell me that you are sorry, you feel for me, "Time is the greatest healer", "You'll find better girl" and similar crap.
Of course I am not ordering you what to write / say, but these things won't help me at all so you really don't have to bother unless you really cannot control you goodwill ejaculations.
If you have original (legal!) suggestions about what to do with the spare time after I am done translating "Predators" and "Inception", feel free to suggest...